The Big List of (Career) Links
Renowned the world over. Loved by most, liked by many, and detested by an uncool few.
Yes, folks ... it's the Big List of (Career) Links!
Note: We can’t guarantee any of this information nor do we specifically endorse any of the following.
- Career Buzz Radio — Podcast Show Discussing Job Search, Career Transition, Professional Training and Resources,” Is your career in transition? Are you searching for a job? Are you frustrated, or feeling helpless? Well, the Career Buzz Radio show provides the latest resources, knowledge and attitude to help you find your position and end up happy!, UpdatedJanuary 25, 2015, http://careerbuzzradio.com/.
- Career Edge Organization Putting diverse, qualified talent to work., Updated January 25, 2015, www.careeredge.ca/en/home
- Connect Nonprofit Jobs Connect Nonprofit Jobs is Ontario’s province-wide site connecting job seekers with paid nonprofit positions., Connect Nonprofit Jobs, Updated January 25, 2015, http://connectjobs.ca/.
- Development Impact and You, Practical tools to trigger & support social innovation, Development Impact and You, Updated January 25, 2015, http://diytoolkit.org/.
- Futurpreneur Canada, Futurpreneur Canada (formerly CYBF) is a national non-profit organization dedicated to growing our economy one entrepreneur at a time. Can we help you start a business?, Updated January 25, 2015, http://www.futurpreneur.ca/.
- Are Unpaid Internships Legal in Ontario?, This is a document containing information about unpaid internships in Ontario., Updated January 25, 2015, http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/es/pubs/internships.php
- Happen, HAPPEN’s mandate is to reduce the time required for mid- to senior level managers and executivesin career transition to regain employment and provide members with the tools to manage their careers., HAPPEN, Updated January 25, 2015, http://www.happen.ca/.
- Magnet, Individuals. Receive personalized opportunities that match your skills and interests. Employers. Connect with individuals based on their skills, experience, and interests. Partner with us. Join our growing network and gain access to real-time local labour market information., Magnet Today, Updated: January 26, 2015, http://www.magnet.today.
- Miziwe Biik, Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training was created in 1991 to meet the unique training and employment needs of aboriginal peoples, Updated January 25, 2015, http://www.miziwebiik.com/.
- Peters New Jobs, Most jobs we find never appear on job boards. You get them fast, usually within 24 hours of them being posted. We deliver all of this and more!, Updated January 25, 2015, http://www.petersnewjobs.com/dn/default.aspx.
- Quote of the Day on Twitter, Inspiring quotations in this Twiiter page, accessed January 25, 2015, https://twitter.com/hashtag/quoteoftheday?src=hash.
- Raise Your Flag: Start an Awesome Career without a Degree or Diploma and Find Companies Who Hire People Just like You., Raise Your Flag helps young people connect with companies who offer entry-level jobs that don’t require a degree or diploma., Raise Your Flag, Updated January 25, 2015, http://raiseyourflag.com.
- Student Jobs, Internships, Summer Jobs | TalentEgg, Student jobs and new grad jobs site for Canadian students and new graduates seeking internships, entry level jobs & summer jobs in Canada., Updated January 25, 2015, http://talentegg.ca/.
- Studio Y Fellowship, Each year, Studio Y invites about 25 young people to the MaRS Discovery District for an 8-month intensive learning experience. During the Fellowship, Studio Y supports program participants with a $20,000 stipend., MaRS, Updated January 25, 2015, http://www.marsdd.com/systems-change/studio-y/studio-y-fellowship/.
- The RBC Career LaunchTM Program, Looking for a valuable first career experience? Get the skills and experience you need to kick-start your career #RBCCareerLaunch, Updated January 25, 2015, http://www.rbc.com/careers/careerlaunch/index.html.
- Tradeability, Tradeability.ca is a virtual Employment Ontario resource centre focused on the skilled trades and apprenticeship program, Updated January 25, 2015, http://www.tradeability.ca/.
- Training and Career Worker Information, Training / Learning Explore Your Training Options. Career Exploration Identify and Research Your Career Opportunities., accessed January 25, 2015, https://www.jobsetc.gc.ca/eng/.
- Canada Employment Weekly, Each week, our publication brings you thousands of new jobs across Canada in over 80 occupations., Updated January 25, 2015, http://www.mediacorp.ca/online.html.
- Career/LifeSkills Resources, Specializing in Tools for Personal, Professional, and Organizational Growth Featuring: The MajorsPTI (Personality Type Inventory), Personality Dimensions, the Leadership Development Report, the MajorsOEM, the Employee Screening Questionnaire, the Career Directions Inventory, the COPSystem, and the Career Exploration Inventory as Well as an Extensive Range of Professional Training Programs and Workshops and a Complete Range of Specially Selected Print and Assessment Resources., Career/LifeSkills Resources, Specializing in tools for personal, professional, and organizational growth, Updated January 26, 2015, http://career-lifeskills.com/.
- Careers at the Business Development Bank of Canada | BDC.ca, BDC has once again been selected to join the ranks of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2015., Updated January 26, 2015, http://www.bdc.ca/EN/careers/Pages/default.aspx?ref=shorturl-careers#.UO-Il-Q80ZB.
- Employment & Social Services – Services – Living In Toronto | City of Toronto, Employment and Social Services provides employment supports, financial benefits and social supports to people living in Toronto., Updated January 26, 2015, http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/contentonly?vgnextoid=0ebe83cf89870410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD.
- Job Opportunities | Centre for Social Innovation, Social Innovation Jobs, Updated January 26, 2015, http://socialinnovation.ca/community/jobs.
- Megan McArdle on the Coming Burst of the College Bubble, http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/09/09/megan-mcardle-on-the-coming-burst-of-the-college-bubble.html, Newsweek, (September 9, 2012), http://www.newsweek.com/megan-mcardle-coming-burst-college-bubble-64671.
- Mentoring Resources, To help you understand how mentoring works for different stakeholders,, Allies Canada, Updated January 26, 2015, http://alliescanada.ca/how-we-can-help/mentoring/resources/.
- Ontario Council of Alternative Businesses, OCAB is an organization that advocates for employment opportunities for psychiatric consumer/survivors and emphasizes the importance of work in the lives of people who have been marginalized by poverty and mental health issues., Updated January 26, 2015, http://www.ocab.ca/.
- PAYE,”The Partnership to Advance Youth Employment (PAYE) is a joint initiative between private sector employers and the City of Toronto., Updated January 26, 2015, http://www.torontopaye.ca/index.htm.
- Peer Resources – Peer, Mentor, and Coach Resources, The Primary Source for Peer, Mentor, and Coach Resources, Updated January 26, 2015, http://www.peer.ca/.
- Toronto Employment Services Portal, Toronto Employment and Social Services (TESS) is pleased to introduce our Employment Centre (EC) Portal, the first phase of an on-line TESS Employment Centre., Updated January 26, 2015, http://app.toronto.ca/ECPortal/index.jsp.
- Employment Ontario, I need a job.-This is the official Government of Ontario web portal for Employment Ontario., Updated January 27, 2015, http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/employmentontario/jobs/.
- Skills Ontario, We work hard to inspire youth across Ontario to explore their career options each year, Updated January 27, 2015, http://www.skillsontario.com/index.php/en/resources/career-resources.
- Toronto Employment Directory – Job Fairs & Events, FREE List of THOUSANDS of Employment Agencies in Toronto, The Toronto Employment Directory, Upadted January 27, 2015, http://www.thetorontoemploymentdirectory.com/jobfairsandevents.html.
- Youth Employment Services YES, YES believes that employment is empowerment and the cornerstone of safe and healthy communities., Updated January 27, 2015, http://www.yes.on.ca/.
- Youth Engagement – Plan Canada, There are many great ways for youth to get involved in Plan Canada’s work to improve the lives of children around the world. Check out how you can take action and help end the cycle of poverty, Updated, January 27, 2015, http://plancanada.ca/youth-engagement.
- Blueprint Quiz – Blueprint for Life Welcome to the Blueprint career management quiz . Accessed: 25/05/27 https://www.jobsetc.gc.ca/eng/blueprint/categories.jsp?category_id=1101&root_id=1080&call_id=615
- Personal Mission Statement Examples You have a purpose in life. You know in your heart what’s most important to you. In fact, your mission and values are expressed every day, by how you liveâ€“you just may not realize it. We’re here to help you find the right words to put that mission down on paper. Accessed: 2015/05/27/13:58:57 http://www.franklincovey.com/msb/
- What MOOCs Can Offer Social Entrepreneurs – Forbes What do you know about massive open online social impact? Accessed: 2015/05/27/14:02:57 http://www.forbes.com/sites/ashoka/2013/05/03/what-moocs-can-offer-social-entrepreneurs/
- OpenIDEO – How can we equip young people with the skills, information and opportunities to succeed in the world of work? – Post-Graduation Skills Incubator How can we equip young people with the skills, information and opportunities to succeed in the world of work? Accessed: 2015/05/27/14:07:02 https://openideo.com/challenge/youth-employment/inspiration/post-graduation-skills-incubator
- iMentor iMentor builds mentoring relationships that empower students from low-income communities to graduate high school, succeed in college, and achieve their ambitions. Accessed: 2015/05/27/14:09:32 https://imentor.org/
- Youth Engagement – Plan Canada There are many great ways for youth to get involved in Plan Canadaâ€™s work to improve the lives of children around the world. Check out how you can take action and help end the cycle of poverty. Accessed: 2015/05/27/14:12:18 http://plancanada.ca/youth-engagement
- How to make a difference with your career – 80,000 Hours We started 80,000 Hours because we werenâ€™t sure what to do with our own careers, and existing advice couldnâ€™t answer our biggest questions. Since then weâ€™ve been on a mission to create the worldâ€™s best advice on how to choose a meaningful, high-impact career. Accessed: 2015/05/27/14:16:05 https://80000hours.org/
- Career Counselling, Coachin A Different Kind of Career Company Accessed: 2015/05/27/14:18:30 http://careercycles.com/
- The Mentoring Partnership Â» The Mentoring Partnership is a collaboration of employer and service delivery partners, and operates as a program of TRIEC. The Mentoring Partnership manages the program and supports the efforts of employer partners and service delivery partner organizations to develop effective mentoring relationships. Accessed: 2015/05/27/14:19:49 http://www.thementoringpartnership.com/
- Skills for Change Skills for Change is known for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. Accessed: 2015/05/27/14:22:14 http://skillsforchange.org/
- The Peer Project | Youth Assisting Youth | Peer mentoring for at-risk and newcomer youth We are a non-profit charitable organization that provides a peer mentoring service to improve life prospects for at risk and newcomer children. Accessed: 2015/05/27/14:25:44 http://www.yay.org/
- Career Path Guidance We all need a little career path guidance from time to time. Muse U is your go-to source for all your career guidance questions, career path planning, and career advancement classes. Get the help you need, when you need it. Accessed: 2015/05/27/14:27:41 https://www.themuse.com/career-resources
- Udacity A list of computer courses which are available to download or online. Accessed: 2015/05/27/14:29:22 https://www.udacity.com/wiki/downloads
- Downloads – Udacity No Abstract available. Accessed: 2015/05/27/14:31:36 https://www.udacity.com/wiki/downloads
- Library Items – MaRS The MaRS Library contains articles, templates, reports, workbooks, reference guides and videos covering a range of topics, including accounting, funding, governance, intellectual property, leadership, legal issues, marketing, product management, selling, social innovation, strategy and talent. Accessed: 2015/05/27/14:32:29 http://www.marsdd.com/mars-library/
- Doing Good Work | Working Centre An article which provides some background about our approach to work Accessed: 2015/05/27/14:34:13 http://www.theworkingcentre.org/about-us/2445-doing-good-work
- Toronto Business Development Centre: Business Incubation TBDC’s Business Incubation Program supports the growth of new and emerging businesses by providing access to a range of key resources such as business advisory support and participation in community of successful entrepreneurs. Accessed: 2015/05/27/14:39:01 http://www.tbdc.com/incubation.php?PHPSESSID=lmsqurhfb7u8klb0spl8korqg6
- Ontario Centres of Excellence OCE accelerates innovation through game-changing research leading to successful commercialization and vibrant collaboration between industry and academia helping to launch the next generation of products and jobs. Accessed: 2015/05/27/14:41:11 http://www.oce-ontario.org/which-programs-are-right-for-me-
- Youth Social Innovation Capital Fund YSI is an impact investing fund that supports young entrepreneurs and their solutions to our world’s biggest problems. Accessed: 2015/05/27/14:46:59 http://www.youthsocialinnovation.org/
- Social Capital Partners: SCPâ€™s approach to driving large-scale systems change combines collaboration, entrepreneurial spirit, and action-based learning. Accessed: 2015/05/27/14:49:40 http://socialcapitalpartners.ca/our-approach/
- Legal Help for Non-profits – Law Help Ontario Does your non-profit organization need help incorporating or applying for charitable status? Dealing with employment law issues or contracts? Other business law issues? Accessed: 2015/05/27/14:52:39 https://www.lawhelpontario.org/legal-help-for-charitiesnonprofits/
- McCarthy TÃ©trault – Community & Pro Bono Work McCarthy TÃ©trault provides pro bono services to the community in areas as diverse as civil liberties, human rights, and financial, business, labour and employment law. Accessed: 2015/05/27/14:55:34 http://www.mccarthy.ca/community_and_pro_bono_work.aspx
- Take us on a test drive! | Centre for Social Innovation Are you a social entrepreneur or innovator? CSI is a coworking space, community and launchpad for people and organizations who are changing the world. Come try us out for a day and work at one of our coworking locations for free, Monday-Friday between 10am-5pm. Internet, coffee & tea, and community included! Accessed: 2015/05/27/14:58:44 http://socialinnovation.ca/innovatorforaday
- A Hitchhiker’s Guide to Toronto Startup Ecosystem StartupNorth This is a my view of the players and contributors in the Toronto Startup Ecosystem. It is not a comprehensive list. It’s designed to be an overview. If you want more detail, seek it out. Accessed: 2015/05/27/15:02:34 http://startupnorth.ca/2012/09/13/dont-panic/?__lsa=1dde-41d7
- Futurpreneur Resources Well written original conent on business issues with a traget audience on ypung people. Accessed: 2015/05/27/15:08:32 http://www.futurpreneur.ca/en/resources/
Resources Valuable for Career Search, Mentoring, etc.
Centre for Social Innovation’s job page:
Neuvoo is a free Canadian job search engine with nearly 100,000 indexed jobs
The Edupunk’s Guide – doing things a bit differently
“Is college a lousy investment?” article http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/09/09/megan-mcardle-on-the-coming-burst-of-the-college-bubble.html
Mentorship resources from Allies, a Maytree idea
Many mentoring resources
Partnership to advance youth employment info sessions
Toronto Employment & Social Services
Employee value proposition – top 100 employers
Quality Resources for Career/Work Counsellors & Human Resource Professionals
Employment opportunities for psychiatric consumer/survivors and those affected by poverty and mental health issues
Toronto employment directory – job fairs & events
Youth in motion
Employment Ontario has services right across Ontario that can help
Youth Employment Services YES
Career Resources-Skills Canada – Ontario
Toronto Jobs FB Page
City of Toronto: Employment and Social Services
Article: College Graduates, Dropouts Now Account For A Majority Of Jobless 25+
Article: 20 Seconds of Career Courage
Employment and Career Events
Good and you
PAYE – Partnership to Advance Youth Employment
Career Club Meetups near Toronto, Ontario
Job Finding Club (JFC) | Career Planning Service (CaPS) – McGill University
What is a Job Club?
Nonprofit Events – Capacity Waterloo Region
Finding a job – Service Canada
Course Catalog for Free Online Classes – Udacity
Provides a “blue print” for your life and career
Personal mission statement builder
Massive open online social impact
How can we equip young people with the skills, information and opportunities to succeed in the world of work?
Youth in Motion
Youth in Motion Green career resource guide
Firm in Toronto that provides services for a cost, but a free call-in workshop to start off
Services Targeted At Recent Immigrant Job Seekers
Another great mentoring program
Workshops for recent immigrant professionals in Toronto
Youths Assisting Youth
The Muse has many resources, including online courses specific to the career search:
Several downloads for teach yourself courses
Resources Valuable for Funding, Non-profit, Operation
Resources and tools to start or grow a business
A great resource for an organization that has a policy for social equity across workers at the organization
TBDC’s Business Incubation Program supports the growth of new and emerging businesses by providing access to a range of key resources such as business advisory support and participation in community of successful entrepreneurs.
Social Enterprise Competition for Durham
Youth social innovation capital fund
Connects the dots between private and not-for-profit sectors
Free lawyer help
Pro bono lawyer
CSI Hot desk for a day
Pro bono lawyer
Hitchhiker’s guide to Toronto start-up ecosystem
Toronto Enterprise Fund
Business Resource Centre
Prepaid legal services
Types of insurance coverage for small businesses http://www.enterprisetoronto.com/index.cfm?linkid=216&linktype=sublink&content_id=212&count=no&linkfromContent_id=&fromurl=&action=viewthread&forumThread_id=697
Board structure strategy
Starting a Nonprofit Community Organization
Meals on wheels business plan strategy sample http://www.onepagebusinessplan.com/pdfs/mealsonwheals_sample_opbp.pdf
Sample business plan
Government funding (grants and loans) for Canadian businesses
Legally incorporating your social venture http://www.marsdd.com/articles/legally-incorporating-your-social-venture/
Explore Government Funding Options with your Professional Business Plan
Business resources for starting a business
Board of directors checklist
Start up information for non-profits
Charity startup toolbox
Compliance and contracts
Legal Considerations– Registered Charities
Pro bono work for charities and non-profits
Transform your ideas for social change into reality
Nonprofit Legal Risk Management
Setting up a Human Resources Policy and Procedures Manual
Free CRM is a web based software solution for customer relationship management and sales force automation
Attract, Retain and Delight More Customers. Grow Your Business Now With Zoho CRM.
It’s a start competition in Italy
Vision Statement Includes Values and Ideals
You can send 12,000 emails a month to a list of up to 2,000 subscribers with MailChimp’s Forever Free plan
Helping with accounting, invoicing, and payroll
ISC – Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws
Create / Maintain a Not-for-profit Corporation – Corporations Canada
Next Step Following Incorporation – Corporations Canada
Apply to Ryerson Angel Network
Legal Structures: Charities, Non-profits and Co-operatives | Your Guide to Social Finance
Social Capital Partners
Become a Member at CSI! | Centre for Social Innovation
ENTERPRISE TORONTO – Forums
MaRS White paper series
Organizational Analysis | Stanford Online
Canadian government grants and funding services and search engine
Consultation & Advocacy – Operate & Grow Your Business
Workshops & Grants | Enterprising Non Profits
Social finance – entrepreneurs matter right now article
Introduction | Your Guide to Social Finance
Women Entrepreneurs: Resources for Women in Business & Networking Organizations
STARTOFF hamilton — Innovation Factory
Social Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise – Ontario Trillium Foundation
Assessment Criteria – Ontario Trillium Foundation
Subsidies and Hiring Incentive Programs in Ontario
TorontoJobs.ca | The Greater Toronto Area Job Bank
ENTERPRISE TORONTO – Enterprise Toronto Locations
Start-Up Launchpad – Davis Brown Law Firm – legal services for startups
Services — Social Capital Partners
Born to Learn ~ You are Born to Learn
Consultation & Advocacy – Operate & Grow Your Business
Financing from non-government organizations – Canada Business Network
Youth Business Center