CSCI Is Hiring!
Career Skills Incubator is currently hiring a Project Coordinator to help implement our New Horizons for Seniors grant! Please see the position details below, or click here to download the PDF file. This posting expires on Friday, May 13th at 5:00pm EST.
Project Coordinator ('Life of I')
Contract (approx. 48 hours per month)
VALUE & DURATION:
$3,856.00 over six (6) months, with biweekly pay. Travel allowance available.
The role involves travelling between the main office (Centre for Social Innovation, 585 Dundas St E) and partnering senior centres across the City of Toronto.
Career Skills Incubator (CSCI) empowers the un(der)employed to develop skills for their dream careers. Some of our values include fun, accessibility, collaboration and initiative. We hope you’ll join our dynamic and talented team!
Reporting to the Creative Director, you will be part of a small team for an exciting project under the New Horizons for Seniors program. The project, called “The Life of I”, will engage socially isolated seniors through digital storytelling and oral history. Participants will get trained in how to do storytelling and how to use technology. The resulting stories will be presented at a community festival at the end of the project.
As Project Coordinator, you will be responsible for ensuring the day-to-day operations of the project run smoothly. You'll coordinate logistics with our project partners, monitor progress against set milestones, and provide any other assistance needed to make the project a huge success.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS POSITION:
You will get a chance to work on a high-profile and socially meaningful intergenerational project. As Project Coordinator you’ll be at the centre of project operations, liaising with established social service organizations and working alongside some uber-talented and fun people. Finally, you will develop a wide array of super relevant and employable skills in project management, stakeholder outreach, and financial oversight and reporting. Did we mention your workspace is dog-friendly and includes unlimited free coffee & tea?
WHY WE’LL LOVE YOU IN THIS POSITION:
“The Life of I” is a major milestone for Career Skills Incubator. We are partnering with some of the best social service organizations in the city today, and the project is as ambitious as it is exciting. We will be counting on you to work seamlessly with the Creative Director to help make this project a reality.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work alongside the Creative Director to coordinate all events and workshops
- Assist the senior and youth participants in preparing for workshops and festival
- Help establish and keep track of key metrics over the project life cycle
- Manage overall planning of the storytelling festival
- Liaise with Storytelling Festival volunteers (fundraising, financial, publicity, membership, youth liaison, technical, hospitality and food committees), maintain records of meetings and support their activities as needed
- Assist in developing online, branding and communications content. Provide input for social media campaign. Produce visual and written collateral
- Demonstrate leadership in projects planning, engaging community leaders, members, businesses and individuals
- Research post-project potential partners, and provide input for succession planning to support establishment of tertiary senior storytelling hubs
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Working knowledge of self-hosted Wordpress, CPANEL
- Interest in digital storytelling as a medium
- Comfortable with Mac and Windows platforms
- Solid graphic design skills. Proven working knowledge of Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc)
- Knowledge of Video Editing Skills: Final Cut Pro
- Passion for videography and photography
- Paid working or volunteer experience with seniors in a community setting would be considered an asset
- Project, financial and event management experience would be a definite plus
- High degree of diplomacy and professionalism
- Emotional intelligence and maturity
- Able to respond to queries in a timely manner
- Able to work proactively with minimal supervision
- Good judgement and able to adhere to Career Skills Incubator's values
Please send your cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 5:00pm on Friday, May 13th. Our hiring reflects a commitment to inclusiveness, transparency and merit. Persons of all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.